SVG: Question

  • Rob Stote
    Message 1 of 1 , May 23, 2003
      Hello all:

      I have a couple of questions regarding using <svg>.

      <fo:block>
      <fo:instream-foreign-object>
      <svg:svg xmlns:svg=http://www.w3.org/2000/svg width="xxx" height="xxx">

      1) the width and height are that of the canvas, right. If I wrap that in a

      <fo:block-container>, should the dimensions of the canvas not exceed that of
      the container? (I don't even know if that makes sense). What I guess I am
      asking is what do the height and width attributes of the SVG element do?
      Also, from spec
      (http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/CR-SVG-20001102/struct.html#NewDocumentOverview):
      "If the attribute is not specified, the effect is as if a value of "100%"
      were specified." Does this mean that the effective canvas would encompass
      the entire page ?

      <svg:g style="stroke:#000000; stroke-width:2.0">

      2) I'm good here I get stoke, and width

      <svg:line x1="2.0pt" y1="10.0pt" x2="47.0pt" y2="10.0pt"/>

      3)One question here: these coordinates, are they relative to the page, Block
      container, or canvas ?

      Also:
      Would inserting 5 of these on a page be faster than creating a jpg of the
      mark and inserting into the page. Does any one know where I can get a good
      svg reference, ie what the tags, attributes do?

      Sorry for the long windedness..

      Rob