Ann: Hands-on XSLT/XPath (June 18-20) and XSLFO (June 21-22) training (XSL-FO)

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 24, 2001
      To Ottawa-area XML'ers (and those interested in travelling to Ottawa at the
      solstice!):

      We are having a 5-day training blitz of two separate hands-on courses: 3
      days of XSLT/XPath immediately followed by 2 days of XSLFO during the week
      of June 18, 2001. These complimentary courses provide comprehensive
      coverage over the week.

      The course titles are "Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath" and
      "Practical Formatting Using XSLFO".

      Please follow the highlighted link from our home page below for details on
      early-bird/loyalty pricing and links to the course syllabi and other
      information. The hands-on exercises use Apache's Xalan and FOP tools or
      the other commercial and non-commercial tools listed in the syllabi.

      Please note for those travelling to Canada to take advantage of the low
      Canadian dollar, the hotel is only putting rooms aside for attendees for
      reservations until May 18, 2001 (it may help to make a hotel reservation
      right away even if you are only just considering attending the course, as
      the hotel reservation can be easily cancelled later but may not be able to
      be made later).

      May 18, 2001 is also the early-bird date for less-expensive course
      fees. The courses can be taken separately, or you can save money by taking
      both courses during the one week.

      After reviewing the rates on our web site, please send in your intent to
      register and we will acknowledge your intent with instructions regarding
      payment for reserving your seats.

      If you cannot make it to Ottawa, check our list of companies and
      individuals around the world who deliver the training material under
      license. The list will be growing quickly over the next three months.

      See you in June!

      .................... Ken

      cc:
      XSL List
      XML-DEV
      XML-L
      XML-EDI
      XSLFO
      XSLFO-WWW
      xalan-dev
      fop-dev
      comp.text.xml
      microsoft.public.xml
      microsoft.public.xsl

      Web site: XSL/XML/DSSSL/SGML/OmniMark services, training, products.
      Book: Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath ISBN 1-894049-06-3
      Article: What is XSLT? http://www.xml.com/pub/2000/08/holman/index.html
      Next public instructor-led training: 2001-05-01,05-14,05-15,05-16,
      - 05-17,05-21,05-22,06-18,06-21,07-20,07-21,09-19

      Training Blitz: 3-days XSLT/XPath, 2-days XSLFO in Ottawa 2001-06-18/22