Re: [XSL-FO] XSL Image Resizing

  • W. Eliot Kimber
    Message 1 of 3 , May 9, 2003
      Rahul Nadkarni wrote:

      > Hi all
      >

      > I'm creating a XML and XSL file with images and text inside
      > I would like to automate the resize of too big images..
      > My image could be bigger than the area containing it... so i would like
      > that xsl fit my image and when the image is not bigger than the area
      > no resizing has to be done....
      > so as it's not possible to specify the width and height of image because
      > it's not generic.... how to do??
      > Use an external program to resize image with an automatic ratio?
      > Is it possible?

      At the moment, not with a proprietary extension--the XSL sped as written
      requires scaled graphics to always be scaled.

      This is a known problem with the spec that has been discussed by the XSL
      FO subgroup and some solutions have been proposed, but for now you'll
      have to either size your graphics yourself or look to an extension.

      Cheers,

      Eliot
      --
      W. Eliot Kimber, eliot@...
      Consultant, ISOGEN International

      1016 La Posada Dr., Suite 240
      Austin, TX 78752 Phone: 512.656.4139
    • David Tolpin
      Message 2 of 3 , May 11, 2003
        > > I would like to automate the resize of too big images..
        > > My image could be bigger than the area containing it... so i would like
        > > that xsl fit my image and when the image is not bigger than the area
        > > no resizing has to be done....
        > > so as it's not possible to specify the width and height of image because
        > > it's not generic.... how to do??
        > > Use an external program to resize image with an automatic ratio?
        > > Is it possible?
        >
        > At the moment, not with a proprietary extension--the XSL sped as written
        > requires scaled graphics to always be scaled.
        >
        > This is a known problem with the spec that has been discussed by the XSL
        > FO subgroup and some solutions have been proposed, but for now you'll
        > have to either size your graphics yourself or look to an extension.

        A solution which does not require an extension and should possibly work
        with a conformant renderer is proposed here:

        http://xep.xattic.com/lists/xep-support/0376.html

        David Tolpin
        RenderX