XSL Image Resizing

  • Rahul Nadkarni
    Message 1 of 3 , May 8 1:26 AM
      Hi all

      I'm creating a XML and XSL file with images and text inside
      I would like to automate the resize of too big images..
      My image could be bigger than the area containing it... so i would like
      that xsl fit my image and when the image is not bigger than the area
      no resizing has to be done....
      so as it's not possible to specify the width and height of image because
      it's not generic.... how to do??
      Use an external program to resize image with an automatic ratio?
      Is it possible?

      Help

      Rahul

    • W. Eliot Kimber
      Message 2 of 3 , May 9 3:05 PM
        Rahul Nadkarni wrote:

        > Hi all
        >

        > I'm creating a XML and XSL file with images and text inside
        > I would like to automate the resize of too big images..
        > My image could be bigger than the area containing it... so i would like
        > that xsl fit my image and when the image is not bigger than the area
        > no resizing has to be done....
        > so as it's not possible to specify the width and height of image because
        > it's not generic.... how to do??
        > Use an external program to resize image with an automatic ratio?
        > Is it possible?

        At the moment, not with a proprietary extension--the XSL sped as written
        requires scaled graphics to always be scaled.

        This is a known problem with the spec that has been discussed by the XSL
        FO subgroup and some solutions have been proposed, but for now you'll
        have to either size your graphics yourself or look to an extension.

        Cheers,

        Eliot
        --
        W. Eliot Kimber, eliot@...
        Consultant, ISOGEN International

        1016 La Posada Dr., Suite 240
        Austin, TX 78752 Phone: 512.656.4139
      • David Tolpin
        Message 3 of 3 , May 11 12:41 AM
          > > I would like to automate the resize of too big images..
          > > My image could be bigger than the area containing it... so i would like
          > > that xsl fit my image and when the image is not bigger than the area
          > > no resizing has to be done....
          > > so as it's not possible to specify the width and height of image because
          > > it's not generic.... how to do??
          > > Use an external program to resize image with an automatic ratio?
          > > Is it possible?
          >
          > At the moment, not with a proprietary extension--the XSL sped as written
          > requires scaled graphics to always be scaled.
          >
          > This is a known problem with the spec that has been discussed by the XSL
          > FO subgroup and some solutions have been proposed, but for now you'll
          > have to either size your graphics yourself or look to an extension.

          A solution which does not require an extension and should possibly work
          with a conformant renderer is proposed here:

          http://xep.xattic.com/lists/xep-support/0376.html

          David Tolpin
          RenderX