Re: [XSL-FO] Problem loading images in PDF with FOP

    Message 1 of 4 , May 6, 2003
      >From: John Walker <dtd2050@...>
      >

      ><fo:external-graphic height="2cm" width="4.8cm"
      >src="/usr/local/web-datos/tomcat/images/ger.jpg"/>
      >
      >the next exception occurs:
      >
      >javax.servlet.ServletException: org/w3c/dom/svg/SVGDocument
      > at
      >org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:463)
      > at
      >java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/w3c/dom/svg/SVGDocument
      > at org.apache.fop.image.analyser.ImageReaderFactory.Make(Unknown
      >Source)

      I admit it is strange that FOP is looking for a SVG class when your image is
      Jpg. Make sure you have Batik.jar in your classpath. It comes with the FOP
      distribution and its no effort to include it in your classpath even if you
      dont need it!

      You will get better responses to FOP specific questions on the FOP user
      list;

      Surf together with new Shared Browsing
      http://join.msn.com/?page=features/browse&pgmarket=en-gb&XAPID=74&DI=1059
    • John Walker
      Message 2 of 4 , May 6, 2003
        Hi Chris! Yes, I have batik.jar in the classpath but still doesn't work.
        Thank you for the reference to FOP user list. I'll send there my question.

        Chris Bowditch escribió:

        >>From: John Walker <dtd2050@...>
        >>

        >><fo:external-graphic height="2cm" width="4.8cm"
        >>src="/usr/local/web-datos/tomcat/images/ger.jpg"/>
        >>
        >>the next exception occurs:
        >>
        >>javax.servlet.ServletException: org/w3c/dom/svg/SVGDocument
        >> at
        >>org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:463)
        >> at
        >>java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/w3c/dom/svg/SVGDocument
        >> at org.apache.fop.image.analyser.ImageReaderFactory.Make(Unknown
        >>Source)
        >>

        >I admit it is strange that FOP is looking for a SVG class when your image is
        >Jpg. Make sure you have Batik.jar in your classpath. It comes with the FOP
        >distribution and its no effort to include it in your classpath even if you
        >dont need it!
        >
        >You will get better responses to FOP specific questions on the FOP user
        >list;

        >Chris

      • abhisheksanwal
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 4, 2003
          I was informed by some guys at Chive.com (Apoc) that a URL starting
          with / was inappropriate. This is a quote of the email from him about
          FO and URLs in FO for embedding images into a resulting PDF.

          Quote:
          To get the sample working correctly I made the following changes to
          the FO:

          Changed the external-graphic src attribute from "url
          (/smallsample.images/pict0.jpg)" to url(smallsample.images/pict0.jpg)

          Any observations? Suggestions ?

          --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, John Walker <dtd2050@y...> wrote:
          > Hi all! I'm trying to transform an XSL-FO file to PDF in a servlet
          with
          > FOP embedded. I'm using FOP 0.20.4, JDK 1.4.0 and Tomcat 4.0.2.
          > Everything works, but when there's an image in the XSL-FO like this:
          >
          > <fo:external-graphic height="2cm" width="4.8cm"
          > src="/usr/local/web-datos/tomcat/images/ger.jpg"/>
          >
          > the next exception occurs:
          >
          > javax.servlet.ServletException: org/w3c/dom/svg/SVGDocument
          > at
          > org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException
          (PageContextImpl.java:463)
          > at
          > org.apache.jsp.muestraDocumentos$jsp._jspService
          (muestraDocumentos$jsp.java:104)