Processing requirements

  • virtual rachel
    Message 1 of 1 , May 5, 2003
      I am developing a web site based on java/xml/xsl and have been asked to develop an app that automatically generates pdf brochures from user selected content. I am ok with most of it except I could do with some advice in terms of processing power required for the xsl conversion to pdf. We will have about 500 users a day, pdfs will have anywhere between 2 and 50 images and varying text associated with each picture probably about 10 lines of text with 10 words a line. I am using -xbeanengine (Java ide), xmlspy (xml ide), tomcat 4(servlet engine), Apache 2 (web server), FOP 0.2Red Hat Linux 7 (os), Compaq DL580, 1gb Ram, SAN attached Any general guidelines (or specific) would be greatly appreciated. If anyone can suggest a better architecture / applications please do so. thanks in advance