Wrap Text within a Block

  • duyee
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2003
      How do I wrap text (text without any spaces in between) within a
      block.
      I know about the wrap-option. But that works only when we have spaces
      in between the text. It won't work if we have the whole text as a
      single string.
      Ex: Email Addrress.

      Thanks,

      sateesh
    • W. Eliot Kimber
      Message 2 of 2 , May 5, 2003
        duyee wrote:
        > Hi,
        > How do I wrap text (text without any spaces in between) within a
        > block.
        > I know about the wrap-option. But that works only when we have spaces
        > in between the text. It won't work if we have the whole text as a
        > single string.
        > Ex: Email Addrress.

        The only sure way is to insert zero-width space characters at reasonable
        break points (which could, I suppose, be between every character if you
        wanted). You can do this in the XSLT by using normal string processing
        or, if you have to do a lot of it (say to enable Thai word breaking), as
        an XML processing filter that modifies the input to the XSLT processor
        (for example, see the Saxon documentation on using SAX filters with
        Saxon--we did this to apply Thai word break processing).

        Cheers,

        Eliot
        --
        W. Eliot Kimber, eliot@...