[XSL-FO] Thanks (were 'first mail + newbie questions')

  • Gustavo Torreti
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 23, 2003
      Hello, again!

      Thanks to Victor and mparry, I had a good lead on the answers I needed. As it can be helful in the future archieve researches, I'll write what I found in here.

      >       2. Debug Debug Debug...
      >First, you will probably get better & faster answers to this question on the fop-user mailing list:

      I had actually entered some fop-related lists based on this link.

      Second, have you investigated the information at:
      http://xml.apache.org/fop/running.html and
      http://xml.apache.org/fop/embedding.html ?

      Yes I did. Actually those were pages I had started with before I started creating some pdf's in here.

      >I don't work with embedded FOP at all, but the trick is to get the
      command-line debugging option turned on in your application.

      That was the lead I needed. The Driver within my Servlet uses log4j for debugging - an excellent tool. Its loggin' was changed from INFO to DEBUG, and its verbose will be more helpful from now on. Although I still haven't find a good xsl-fo check tool, the research I made through new message archives were quite helpful anyway.

      >http://xml.apache.org/fop/fo.html#xml-special-chars
      A good link again.

      >i use tomcat as my servlet container, which included a standard out
      >log (stdout.log) in my <TOMCAT_HOME>/logs directory. all fop
      >is displayed there.
      I discovered where the original exception came from (basically, a malformed xsl file). Still hard to check those xsl files, but it is getting more workable as time flows.

      >XSL EDITORS
      >i use Marrosofts Xselerator.
      Thanks for the tips.

      Thank you again for your kind help,

      Gustavo

      In the brightest day, In the blackest night,
      No evil shall escape my sight
      May those who worship evil's might
      Beware of the power of my light