Re: [XSL-FO] Thanks Mr Grigoriev

  • appiah kofi
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 20, 2001

      Hello,

      How can I format my pages in such a way that headers could have a varying character instead of a static charcter? So titles should autmatically

      appear in the header too. I think you call it something like "living headers".

      A good exaple is the documentation of XEP (http://www.renderx.com/Tests/doc/fo/tutorial.pdf).

      But this is a way to hard to comprehend.

      An other example is included in XEP. It�s name is "marker.pdf". But, as the first one, it�s again to much to handle.

      I am looking for a basic example ... like for an XML-file like this:

      <book>

      <title>This is the booktitle</title>

      <chapter>

      <caption>This is caption 1</caption>

      <subchapter>

      <caption>This is the caption of subchapter 1.1 </caption>

      <text>This is the text of subchapter 1.1 ... bla bla bla ... </text>

      </subchapter>

      </chapter>

      <chapter>

      <caption>This is caption 2</caption>

      <subchapter>

      <caption>This is the caption of subchapter 2.1 </caption>

      <text>This is the text of subchapter 2.1 ... bla bla bla ... </text>

      </subchapter>

      </chapter>

      </book>

      I want the caption of the chapter (not subchapter) in the header. A chapter could spread over a few pages.

      Thank you very much in advance.

      Kofi Appiah