Re: [XSL-FO] Thanks Mr Grigoriev

  • Nikolai Grigoriev
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 19, 2001
      Dear Mr. Kofi,

      > 1. how to place an image /graphic at a particular
      > position on a page

      This requires absolutely positioned block containers:

      <fo:block-container absolute-position="fixed"
      left="X1" right="X2" top="Y1" bottom="Y2">
      <fo:block>
      <fo:external-graphic src="url('your-image')"/>
      </fo:block>
      </fo:block-container>

      > 2. I also want to find out how to place an image
      > in between Texts of paragraphs.

      Just wrap it into a block:

      <fo:block space-before="6pt"
      space-after="6pt"
      text-align="center">
      <fo:external-graphic src="url('your-image')"/>
      </fo:block>

      By specifying space-before/space-after on the fo:block,
      you control the gap from your image to the text above/below it.

      By specifying text-align on the fo:block, you control the
      horizontal alignment of the image on the page.

      Best regards,

      Nikolai Grigoriev
      RenderX
    • appiah kofi
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 20, 2001

        Hello,

        How can I format my pages in such a way that headers could have a varying character instead of a static charcter? So titles should autmatically

        appear in the header too. I think you call it something like "living headers".

        A good exaple is the documentation of XEP (http://www.renderx.com/Tests/doc/fo/tutorial.pdf).

        But this is a way to hard to comprehend.

        An other example is included in XEP. It�s name is "marker.pdf". But, as the first one, it�s again to much to handle.

        I am looking for a basic example ... like for an XML-file like this:

        <book>

        <title>This is the booktitle</title>

        <chapter>

        <caption>This is caption 1</caption>

        <subchapter>

        <caption>This is the caption of subchapter 1.1 </caption>

        <text>This is the text of subchapter 1.1 ... bla bla bla ... </text>

        </subchapter>

        </chapter>

        <chapter>

        <caption>This is caption 2</caption>

        <subchapter>

        <caption>This is the caption of subchapter 2.1 </caption>

        <text>This is the text of subchapter 2.1 ... bla bla bla ... </text>

        </subchapter>

        </chapter>

        </book>

        I want the caption of the chapter (not subchapter) in the header. A chapter could spread over a few pages.

        Thank you very much in advance.

        Kofi Appiah