Re: [XSL-FO] content based on mulitple pages

    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 8, 2003
      At 2003-04-08 04:46 +0000, maybenull wrote:
      >for each <page> element encountered in the xml document, 4 seperate
      >groups of content will be generated. each set of content may be 1 to
      >n pages long. if the content is more than one page then each page
      >except the last needs the text "continued..." at the bottom. so if
      >the first set content is 3 pages long, the first and second page has
      >"continued..." at page bottom and third page does not. For the second
      >set of content, if its lenth required 4 pages, a new page is started,
      >and pages 1, 2, and 3 have "continue..." at the bottom, page 4 is does
      >not. And this pattern repeats for the third and fourth sets of content.

      Two ways to do it given your description above:

      (A) - with markers (when you are not generating separate page sequences)

      (1) - define static content that retrieves a marker from the page utilizing
      the "last-starting-within-page"

      (2) - at the very beginning of your group, define the marker to be
      "continue..."

      (3) - at the very end of your group, define the marker to be ""

      (B) - with page masters (when you are generating separate page sequences)

      (1) - define a page sequence with conditional page masters for "last"
      without "continue..." followed by "any" with "continue..."

      I hope this helps.

      ................. Ken

      --
      Upcoming hands-on courses: Europe (XSLT/XPath): May 5, 2003
      - Europe (XSL-FO): May 16, 2003

      ISBN 0-13-065196-6 Definitive XSLT and XPath
      ISBN 0-13-140374-5 Definitive XSL-FO
    • Xavier Robert
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 8, 2003

        What is the best mean to avoid breaking content of a table because of
        the break of a page? I tried using keep-together attribute in table-row
        without positive result.

        Thanks,

        Xavier

      • PRAVEEN SAMENENI
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 8, 2003
          You could use padding-top="2cm" attribute in the cell

          Hope this helps ...

          --- Xavier Robert

          <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/M=249982.3083889.4452939.1728375/D=egroupweb/S=1705016061:HM/A=1524963/R=0/*http:/hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/autoredir?camp=556&llineid=3083889%ef%bf%bd%ef%bf%bd%ef%bf%bd=egroupweb&pos=HM>

          <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=249982.3083889.4452939.1728375/D=egroupmail/S=:HM/A=1524963/rand=933564672>

          > Service.

          > removed]

          =====

          http://tax.yahoo.com
        • hanpohwan
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 11, 2003
            Hi

            This worked for me.

            keep-together.within-page="always"

            (for fo:table element)

            I tested it with Antenna formatter.

            --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, "Xavier Robert" <Xavier.Robert@d...>
            wrote:
            > Hi,
            >

            > What is the best mean to avoid breaking content of a table because
            of
            > the break of a page? I tried using keep-together attribute in table-
            row
            > without positive result.
            >
            > Thanks,
            >
            > Xavier

          • hanpohwan
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 11, 2003
              Hi

              Sounds like,

              fo:conditional-page-master-reference page-position="last"
              fo:conditional-page-master-reference page-position="rest"

              Only in the static-content of the "rest" page, insert
              the "continues..." .

              --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, "maybenull" <mpetty@m...> wrote:
              > for each <page> element encountered in the xml document, 4 seperate
              > groups of content will be generated. each set of content may be 1
              > n pages long. if the content is more than one page then each page
              > except the last needs the text "continued..." at the bottom. so if
              > the first set content is 3 pages long, the first and second page has
              > "continued..." at page bottom and third page does not. For the
              second
              > set of content, if its lenth required 4 pages, a new page is
              started,
              > and pages 1, 2, and 3 have "continue..." at the bottom, page 4 is
              does
              > not. And this pattern repeats for the third and fourth sets of
              content.

              > thanks in advance
            • maybenull
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 16, 2003
                here is the problem,

                fo:conditional-page-master-reference page-position="last" is not
                supported for in fop, as i found out and have read much about
                here and on other sites. stating that im using fop may have resolved
                this earlier, heh. ;)