table problems

  • Daniel
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 2, 2003
      I have a structure like this:

      <fo:block>
      <fo:table ...
      <xsl:for-each ...
      .... (fo:table-row...)
      <xsl:if ...
      ... (fo:table-cell...)
      </xsl:if>
      </xsl:for-each>
      </fo:table>
      </fo:block>

      In conditional block (xsl:if) i want to do a thing like: close
      table, open another table (</fo:table><fo:table ...), is this possible
      ??? I'm also interested with this problem in generating an xhtml file
      (using the same block structure).

      10x a lot ..., Das.

      p.s.: Sorry for my bad English :(.
    • Oleg Tkachenko
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 3, 2003
        Daniel wrote:

        > In conditional block (xsl:if) i want to do a thing like: close
        > table, open another table (</fo:table><fo:table ...), is this possible
        > ??? I'm also interested with this problem in generating an xhtml file
        > (using the same block structure).
        That's usual newbie mistake when working with XSLT. XSLT doesn't produce tags,
        but nodes and there is no half-a-node.
        As it's pure XSLT question, you'd better ask on
        http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list.
        --
        Oleg Tkachenko
        http://www.tkachenko.com/blog
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 3, 2003
          Hello,

          I would like to add a chariot return in an <fo:inline> element. I use
          <fo:block /> and it works, but I don t think it s a good solution
          because <fo:inline> doesn t contain block.

          Does somedy know a better way to do that ?

          Thank you,

          Xavier

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 3, 2003
            At 2003-04-03 15:15 +0200, Xavier Robert wrote:
            >I would like to add a chariot return in an <fo:inline> element. I use
            ><fo:block /> and it works,

            Which seems fine to me.

            >but I don t think it s a good solution
            >because <fo:inline> doesn t contain block.

            But 6.6.7 does allow block constructs in an inline ... what gave you the
            impression blocks were not allowed?

            >Does somedy know a better way to do that ?

            Seems to me it is a perfectly acceptable thing to do.

            ................. Ken

            --
            Upcoming hands-on in-depth XSLT/XPath and/or XSL-FO
            North America: June 16-20, 2003

            ISBN 0-13-065196-6 Definitive XSLT and XPath
            ISBN 0-13-140374-5 Definitive XSL-FO
          • Xavier Robert
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 3, 2003
              Ok thanks Ken.

              I read that on the Web :

              Look at this :
              http://www.ibiblio.org/xml/books/bible2/chapters/ch18.html#d1e6289

              “It cannot contain block-level elements.”

              And in your article inline contains only text

              Schema :

              http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2002/03/20/xsl-fo.html?page=4

              “The nesting of the hierarchy of the formatting objects in the example
              page :”

              At 2003-04-03 15:15 +0200, Xavier Robert wrote:
              >I would like to add a chariot return in an <fo:inline> element. I use
              ><fo:block /> and it works,

              Which seems fine to me.

              >but I don t think it s a good solution
              >because <fo:inline> doesn t contain block.

              But 6.6.7 does allow block constructs in an inline ... what gave you the

              impression blocks were not allowed?

              >Does somedy know a better way to do that ?

              Seems to me it is a perfectly acceptable thing to do.

              ................. Ken

              --
              Upcoming hands-on in-depth XSLT/XPath and/or XSL-FO
              North America: June 16-20, 2003

              ISBN 0-13-065196-6 Definitive XSLT and XPath
              ISBN 0-13-140374-5 Definitive XSL-FO

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=245454.3115308.4434529.1728375/D=egroupweb/S=1705
              016061:HM/A=1457554/R=0/*http:/ipunda.com/clk/beibunmaisuiyuiwabei>

              <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=245454.3115308.4434529.1728375/D=egrou
              pmail/S=:HM/A=1457554/rand=476617042>

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 3, 2003
                At 2003-04-03 16:16 +0200, you wrote:
                >I read that on the Web :
                >
                >Look at this :
                >http://www.ibiblio.org/xml/books/bible2/chapters/ch18.html#d1e6289
                >
                >"It cannot contain block-level elements."

                That is in error, supported by my citation earlier of 6.6.7.

                >And in your article inline contains only text
                >
                >Schema :
                >
                >http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2002/03/20/xsl-fo.html?page=4
                >
                >"The nesting of the hierarchy of the formatting objects in the example
                >page :"

                It happens to be true "in the example" but not in general ... I apologize
                if my wording conveyed the impression that it was true in general, as it
                was only my intention to cite the example being given.