trouble with table indentation using FOP .24

  • slaughter222000
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 2, 2003
      Hi all,

      I'm having a problem trying to indent a table or even right justifying
      it. I have used just about every attribute I can think of using to
      try and fix the problem and nothing has worked (margin-left,
      padding-left, text-align, start-indent, etc). I've tried applying
      these attributes to the fo:table element like so:

      <fo:table table-layout="fixed" margin-left="1in">.

      I have also tried containing the table tag within the <fo:block> tag
      and attaching the attribute to it like so:

      <fo:block start-indent="1in">
      <fo:table table-layout="fixed>
      </fo:table>
      </fo:block>

      So far all of my actions result in the table staying at the page
      margin, the text inside the table moving, or the parent block moving
      correctly(found this by adding borders to the block), but the stubborn
      table still stays left justified.... I'm trying to get the entire
      table to indent... Does anyone know how to fix this while still using
      the FOP rendering engine?

      Thanks
      Slaughter222000
    • Hallman, Chuck (NIH/NIEHS)
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 2, 2003
        <fo:block>
        <fo:table table-layout="fixed" start-indent=".5in">
        <fo:table-column column-number="1" column-width=".25in"/>
        <fo:table-column column-number="2" column-width=".25in"/>
        <fo:table-column column-number="3" column-width=".25in"/>
        ..

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=246920.2960106.4328965.1728375/D=egroupweb/S=17050160
        61:HM/A=1513703/R=0/*http://www.gotomypc.com/u/tr/yh/cpm/grp/300_06F/g22lp?T
        arget=mm/g22lp.tmpl>

        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=246920.2960106.4328965.1728375/D=egroupmai
        l/S=:HM/A=1513703/rand=865041042>

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

      • David Tolpin
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 2, 2003

          > <fo:block>
          > <fo:table table-layout="fixed" start-indent=".5in">
          > <fo:table-column column-number="1" column-width=".25in"/>
          > <fo:table-column column-number="2" column-width=".25in"/>
          > <fo:table-column column-number="3" column-width=".25in"/>

          And zero start-indent specified explicitely on all table-cells or table-rows
          to stop this 0.5in from being inherited to blocks inside cells.

          David Tolpin
        • Nikolai Grigoriev
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 2, 2003

            > And zero start-indent specified explicitely on all table-cells
            > or table-rows to stop this 0.5in from being inherited to blocks
            > inside cells.

            <fo:table-body> is a good place to reset indents. Deshevo i serdito.

            Regards,
            Nikolai Grigoriev
            RenderX
          • W. Eliot Kimber
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 2, 2003
              David Tolpin wrote:

              >><fo:block>
              >> <fo:table table-layout="fixed" start-indent=".5in">
              >> <fo:table-column column-number="1" column-width=".25in"/>
              >> <fo:table-column column-number="2" column-width=".25in"/>
              >> <fo:table-column column-number="3" column-width=".25in"/>
              >

              > And zero start-indent specified explicitely on all table-cells or table-rows
              > to stop this 0.5in from being inherited to blocks inside cells.

              You can specify the start-indent on fo:table-body--you shouldn't have to
              do it on each row or cell.

              Cheers,

              E.
              --