Line Numbers

  • Joshua Kimmel
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 10, 2001
      Hi all,

      Doing some development work requiring page numbers and line numbers. I
      figured out how to do page numbers fine, but I was wondering if there was
      any support currently for line numbers. Any direction would be much
      appreciated.

      Thanks,
      Joshua Kimmel

      Content Developer
      IAM Technology, LLC
      167 S. State St.
      Columubus, OH 43229
      kimmel@...
    • John E. Simpson
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 10, 2001
        Joshua Kimmel wrote:

        > Doing some development work requiring page numbers and line numbers. I
        > figured out how to do page numbers fine, but I was wondering if there was
        > any support currently for line numbers.

        Not as far as I know... If I were tackling the problem I'd proably use
        xsl:number to generate the line numbers in the XSLT stylesheet, rather
        than fussing with it in the XSL-FO. (Of course, this presupposes that
        you're using XSLT and not hand-coding the XSL-FO. ;)
        John E. Simpson | "When I was a little kid we had a sand
        http://www.flixml.org | box. It was a quicksand box. I was an
        XML Q&A: www.xml.com | only child... eventually." (Steven Wright)