Re: [XSL-FO] How to build a table of content ?

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 12, 2003
      Co-incidentally, something very similar was asked today on the W3C XSL-FO
      list regarding tables of content and hyperlinks into the body of the work,
      here is my response:

      http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-xsl-fo/2003Mar/0020.html

      With the follow up repair of my example ... I should have said
      internal-destination="{generate-id(.)}" as ref-id= is used for page numbers.

      At 2003-03-12 19:27 +0000, volkerkugler wrote:
      >This XML-File only contents the data for the PDF-File, without IDs or
      >another informations.
      >So my question was, how to make this.

      In one pass, using the generate-id() function.

      The linked example above is for hyperlinks from the table of contents, but
      the same principle applies for page number citations:

      (1) - in your table of contents, when your current node is a chapter
      node, cite the page of the chapter with:

      <page-number-citation ref-id="{generate-id(.)}"/>

      (2) - at the beginning of your chapter create an anchor for your citation:

      <block id="{generate-id(.)}"/>

      Since the same node is the current node for both of the above statements,
      the same value is returned for the generate-id(.) function. This value is
      required to match an XML name pattern, thus allowing the value to be used
      as anchors.

      I hope this helps.

      --
      Upcoming hands-on in-depth XSLT/XPath and/or XSL-FO
      North America: June 16-20, 2003

      ISBN 0-13-065196-6 Definitive XSLT and XPath
      ISBN 0-13-140374-5 Definitive XSL-FO