Re: [XSL-FO] Vert. alignment of list-item-label/-body (XEP 2.21)

  • Nikolai Grigoriev
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2001
      John,

      I have formatted your fragment with the eval version of XEP 2.21,
      and I cannot reproduce the problem. Could you please send me
      a full FO file, so that I can look at the contents of your fo:basic link?

      However, what you describe is quite possible: it may happen if your
      fo:basic-link element contains inlined graphics, inclusions of larger
      fonts, etc. Fo:basic-link is treated as an inline element in XSL FO; if it
      contains tall elements, it increases the height of the line where it stays.

      As a workaround, I can suggest using line-stacking-strategy="font-height"
      on lists. This makes a fixed separation between consecutive lines
      (equal to the computed value of the line-height attribute). As a result,
      all baseline shifts due to nested inlines should go away.

      Ken Holman already said that we still don't support relative-align="baseline"
      :-(.
      It looks like this is becoming a real priority; we will try to deal with it as
      soon
      as possible.

      Best regards,
      Nikolai Grigoriev