Re: [XSL-FO] Vert. alignment of list-item-label/-body (XEP 2.21)

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 2, 2001
      At 01/04/02 09:06 -0400, John E. Simpson wrote:
      > > AntennaHouse respects the setting of the property value and the RenderX
      > > folks told me they have it on their to-do list from a report I made
      > > earlier, it just isn't yet to-done.
      >
      >At the day job now, so I can't test it; but does this say that even if I
      >set the fo:list-item's relative-align to "baseline" the thing still
      >won't display properly in Xep?

      For now, but the XEP folks have been very helpful and supportive and they
      are anxious to hear from us users as to what we think is priority and what
      isn't. I've told them that I would like to see the baseline support ASAP,
      so they have considered that with all of their other input when
      establishing their development priorities.

      >I will confess that while I like the general idea of AntennaHouse --
      >it's more convenient as a development tool than the two-step transform
      >(XML->FO, FO->PDF) process -- the thing crashes on me every single time
      >I open it.

      Ouch! I haven't had *any* problems with AntennaHouse, and their level of
      responsiveness has also been impressive. Sure there are some niggly
      things, and their decision to use the Microsoft XSLT processor inherited
      the bugs there that trip me up in my development environment.

      Both companies seem very eager to please, which is wonderful to see in the
      early stages of this technology development.

      Web site: XSL/XML/DSSSL/SGML/OmniMark services, training, products.
      Book: Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath ISBN 1-894049-06-3
      Article: What is XSLT? http://www.xml.com/pub/2000/08/holman/index.html
      Next public instructor-led training: 2001-04-06,05-01,05-14,05-15,
      - 05-16,05-17,05-21,05-22,06-18,06-21,07-20,07-21,09-19

      !!Five-day XSLT/XPath/XSLFO Training Blitz June 18-22, 2001 in Ottawa!!