Suggestion on using XSL-FO products

  • Manik Repaka
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 4, 2003
      Hello,

      Can anyone help me deciding which product (FOP or XEP etc) to use for formatting and to produce .pdf and other printer outputs. We want use our code both on Unix and Windows. What is the good starting point and books to refer for XSL-FO.

      Thanks,

      Manik

    • Hallman, Chuck (NIH/NIEHS)
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 4, 2003
        I have found FOP (release Version 0.25.rc2) provides most of the
        functionality that I need and it's free ..

        Can anyone help me deciding which product (FOP or XEP etc) to use for
        formatting and to produce .pdf and other printer outputs. We want use our
        code both on Unix and Windows. What is the good starting point and books to
        refer for XSL-FO.

        Thanks,

        Manik

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=245454.2994396.4323964.2848452/D=egroupweb/S=17050160
        61:HM/A=1457554/R=0/*http://ipunda.com/clk/beibunmaisuiyuiwabei>

        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=245454.2994396.4323964.2848452/D=egroupmai
        l/S=:HM/A=1457554/rand=171055107>

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

      • W. Eliot Kimber
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 4, 2003
          Manik Repaka wrote:
          > Hello,
          >
          > Can anyone help me deciding which product (FOP or XEP etc) to use for formatting and to produce .pdf and other printer outputs. We want use our code both on Unix and Windows. What is the good starting point and books to refer for XSL-FO.

          The best product that will run on Windows and Unix is XEP--it has the
          most features.

          Antenna House has announced a Unix version of XSL Formatter, but has not
          yet released it. When they do, it will offer a roughly equivalent option
          to XEP.

          Cheers,

          E.
          --