table-cell formatting from left to right

  • astragh <george.simpson@totalise.co.uk>
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 4 9:20 AM
      Hi all,

      I have a query regarding xsl-fo's capabilities in getting data from
      my xml object and creating a table-cell for each employee name that
      is held within the xml.
      i.e. we have a data object that can contain 1 or more employee's
      names (max. 15) and for each of these employee's we have units
      running downwards table-row (max. 25) so the final view might look
      something like:

      --------| John | James | Paul | Mike | Dave |
      Unit 1 | y | n | y | y | n |
      Unit 2 | y | y | n | n | y |
      Unit 3 | n | y | y | n | y |

      From this view you can also see that for each unit they have a
      specific value for each employee.

      Questions:
      1) In java or c the code might be something simaler to:
      for(i=0;i=employee.length();i++) using the length attribute here cuts
      off the loop! How can i replicate this in xsl?
      2) The table-cell needs to be within this loop in java to work, how
      would i manage this in xsl?
      3) I think the units would work in a simaler way to the above usage,
      correct me if i am wrong.

      Any help or pointers to example would be of great help...

      Many thanks and best wishes to the group,

      George
    • yah_hal_00
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 12 10:43 AM
        This is a pretty simple thing to do using xsl:templates. If you
        haven't figured it out yet, email me and I'll give you an example.

        Mike

        --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, "astragh <george.simpson@t...>"