Text floating around picture

  • Els van Trigt
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 4, 2003
      In a biography, I have a number of authors. Each of the authors has a
      picture (left) and a description (right). I thought I had neatly solved this
      by using a list-block for every author, using the list-item-label for the
      graphic and the list-item-body for the accompanying text.
      However, in some cases this text consists of more than one paragraph. The
      rest of the text should continue below the picture as follows:

      ------------ description description
      description description description
      description description description
      description description description

      I've searched the archives for floats but found no satisfying solution yet.
      I think the best is to use a 'side float' here, (float="left"), but
      according to the spec this is interpreted as "float='start'" (7.18.2), and
      so far my fforts have not yielded the desired result! (I'm using XEP 3.2).

      Any help is appreciated!

      Els van Trigt

      Ambrac Information Management
      Pieterstraat 11
      3512 JT Utrecht
      Telefoon: 030-2316942
    • W. Eliot Kimber
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 4, 2003
        Els van Trigt wrote:

        > I've searched the archives for floats but found no satisfying solution yet.
        > I think the best is to use a 'side float' here, (float="left"), but
        > according to the spec this is interpreted as "float='start'" (7.18.2), and
        > so far my fforts have not yielded the desired result! (I'm using XEP 3.2).

        A side float should do what you want and should work in XEP 3.2. You
        should anchor the float to the start of the first block that contains
        the text of the author's description.

        Cheers,

        Eliot
        --