Extra space in inline elements

  • Els van Trigt
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 24, 2003
      I have the following problem:

      In my Index, I have several nested <fo:inline> elements. There is no spacing
      or linebreaks between them. When these inline elements are formatted in
      italic, using the wrapper,I get some extra (unwanted) spacing after the
      italics. The spacing is not much but it should not be there. Is there a way
      to prevent this? (attribute?).
      I'm using XEP version 3.2 and the following codes:

      <fo:inline font-style="italic"><xsl:text>see </xsl:text>
      <fo:inline font-style="normal"><xsl:value-of
      select="."/>,</fo:inline></fo:inline>

      Where it goes wrong is where the selected element contains italic:
      <xsl:template match="it">
      <fo:wrapper font-style="italic">
      <xsl:apply-templates/>
      </fo:wrapper>