tables overlapping

  • stv2000_us <stv2000_us@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 4, 2003
      I have an xml file which goes like this

      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
      <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="ECR_PGM_HTML.xsl"?>
      <ECRBYPROGNAME>
      <REPORT>
      <SUB-REPORT>
      <HEADER>
      <ECR>ECR#</ECR>
      <CDATE>Create Date</CDATE>
      <INITIATOR>Initiator</INITIATOR>
      <STATUS>Status/</STATUS>
      <CUSTAUTH>Cust Auth#</CUSTAUTH>
      <DESCRIPTION>Description/</DESCRIPTION>
      <COMMENTS>Comments</COMMENTS>
      <OPENDAYS>Open Days</OPENDAYS>
      <LEADPGM>Lead Program</LEADPGM>
      <PGMAFFECT>Programs Affected</PGMAFFECT>
      <DA>DA(s)</DA>
      </HEADER>
      <ROW>
      <ECR>103206</ECR>
      <CDATE>20-JUL-2001</CDATE>
      <INITIATOR>Initiator</INITIATOR>
      <STATUS>INIT_APPROVED</STATUS>
      <CUSTAUTH>457701</CUSTAUTH>
      <DESCRIPTION>Hello this is a description</DESCRIPTION>
      <COMMENTS>Comments</COMMENTS>
      <OPENDAYS>Open Days</OPENDAYS>
      <LEADPGM>Lead Program</LEADPGM>
      <PGMAFFECT>Programs Affected</PGMAFFECT>
      <DA>DA1</DA>
      </ROW>
      <ROW>
      <ECR>103206</ECR>
      <CDATE>20-JUL-2001</CDATE>
      <INITIATOR>Initiator</INITIATOR>
      <STATUS>INIT_APPROVED</STATUS>
      <CUSTAUTH>457701</CUSTAUTH>
      <DESCRIPTION>Hello this is a description</DESCRIPTION>
      <COMMENTS>Comments</COMMENTS>
      <OPENDAYS>Open Days</OPENDAYS>
      <LEADPGM>Lead Program</LEADPGM>
      <PGMAFFECT>Programs Affected</PGMAFFECT>
      <DA>DA2</DA>
      </ROW>
      </SUB-REPORT>
      </REPORT>
      </ECRBYPROGNAME>

      I want the headings to be in one row. and ECR to OPENDAYS in one
      table and LEADPGM to DA in another table. I tried to do this and what
      happend is the last table overlapped the table which had ECR-
      OPENDAYS.

      It is using xsl:fo (for PDF)

      I am crossing a deadline because of this.Any help in this regards
      will be highly appreciated.
      Thanks,
      Smita.
    • narinder_g <narinder_g@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 5, 2003
        hi smita,
        The problem is not clear from what you have mentioned, I think its a
        XSL problem, they way you call your templates is the way it gets
        rendered.
        regards,
        Narinder
        --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, "stv2000_us <stv2000_us@y...>"

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 6, 2003
          Well to make it more clear this is what I want. the row heading from
          ECR to OPENDAYS should come in one row.After that the rowdata from
          ECR to OPENDAYS.After that, the rowheader for LEADPGM to DA.Then the
          corresponding rows for the same. Since I was not able to put the
          <xsl:template> inside a table I ended up putting all these rows in
          individual table and what happend is that the first header table was
          overlapped by the first table. I assume it is because both have the
          common match which is "HEADER".
          Thanks,
          Smita
          --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, "narinder_g <narinder_g@y...>"

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 6, 2003
            Hi Smita,
            The solution I could think of is running the the data twice..first
            for element position()< LEADPGM positions and later elements position
            ()>=Leadpdgm positions...
            hope this helps....
            Take care
            <stv2000_us@y...> wrote:
> [...]
            > > > <CUSTAUTH>457701</CUSTAUTH>
            > > > <DESCRIPTION>Hello this is a description</DESCRIPTION>
            > > > <COMMENTS>Comments</COMMENTS>
            > > > <OPENDAYS>Open Days</OPENDAYS>
            > > > <LEADPGM>Lead Program</LEADPGM>
            > > > <PGMAFFECT>Programs Affected</PGMAFFECT>
            > > > <DA>DA2</DA>
            > > > </ROW>
            > > > </SUB-REPORT>
            > > > </REPORT>
            > > > </ECRBYPROGNAME>
            > > >
            > > > I want the headings to be in one row. and ECR to OPENDAYS in
            one
            > > > table and LEADPGM to DA in another table. I tried to do this
            and
            > > what
            > > > happend is the last table overlapped the table which had ECR-
            > > > OPENDAYS.
            > > >
            > > > It is using xsl:fo (for PDF)
            > > >
            > > > I am crossing a deadline because of this.Any help in this
          • smita thomas
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 7, 2003
              Hi Narinder,
              Thanks for your great help. I somehow managed to meet
              to finish it yesterday,
              Thanks,
              Smita
              --- "narinder_g <narinder_g@...>"