Conditionally putting "previous" and "next" buttons on the bottom of pages

  • raymundo2104 <raymundo2104@yahoo.com.au>
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2003
      Anyone,

      I would like to generate PDF files where a rendered PDF file:

      1. With only 1 page will have no "Previous" and "Next" buttons at
      the bottom (fo:region-after) of the page.

      2. With 2 pages will only have a "Next" button on Page 1 and only
      a "Previous" button on Page 2.

      3. With 3 or more pages: will only have a "Next" button on Page 1
      and only a "Previous" button on the last page, and from Page 2 to the
      second to the last page will both have "Previous" and "Next" buttons.

      This is one hurdle that prevents me to fully automate processing.
      (Currently, I had to put "PREVIOUS" and "NEXT" button inside Acrobat
      batch processing (Javascript)!!) SO if someone can help me on this,
      great!

      thanks and regards,

      Enrico Raymundo
      Senior Applications Developer
      NetImpact Publishing
      enrico@...
    • W. Eliot Kimber
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2003
        raymundo2104 wrote:
        > Anyone,
        >
        > I would like to generate PDF files where a rendered PDF file:

        You should be able to do this with markers, where you put the flow
        objects that implement the prev/next buttons in markers and reference
        them in static content.

        Cheers,

        Eliot
        --