Re: [XSL-FO] ANN: FOP logo contest

  • AndrewWatt2001@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2003
      In a message dated 02/02/2003 11:49:06 GMT Standard Time, olegt@...
      writes:

      > New FOP is looming and it needs a new logo. FOP Team announces open logo
      > contest and invites all members of the FOP community as well as any other
      > interested parties to participate as contestants or by expressing your
      > opinion
      > through voting.
      >
      > The rules and details are at http://xml.apache.org/fop/logocontest.html.

      Oleg,

      Two questions:

      1. Can you estimate a date when a version of FOP from the 1.0 track will be
      publicly available?
      2. Have you considered publicising the logo contest on the SVG-Developers
      mailing list (about 3,000 members) since the logo is to be in SVG?

      Andrew Watt

    • Oleg Tkachenko
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2003
        AndrewWatt2001@... wrote:

        > Two questions:
        >
        > 1. Can you estimate a date when a version of FOP from the 1.0 track will be
        > publicly available?
        No I cannot, sorry. There were some rough estimations couple of months
        ago that it's about 60% or 70% ready though. It's too hard to predict
        any progress of open source project with no dedicated developers :(

        > 2. Have you considered publicising the logo contest on the SVG-Developers
        > mailing list (about 3,000 members) since the logo is to be in SVG?
        Thanks, that's definitely a good idea.

        --
        Oleg Tkachenko
        Multiconn Technologies, Israel