Why the 72 dpi limit on images in FOP?

  • dunsterj <dunster@byu.edu>
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2003
      I noticed a post in the archives (#1058) that posed this question
      earlier, but there weren't any reponses. Being a year and a half
      later, I'm posing the question again. Does anyone know why there is a
      72dpi limit on images processed in FOP? Are there any plans to remove
      that limit? Do any of you know some workarounds that will produce high
      resolution images in the resulting PDF?
    • Oleg Tkachenko
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2003
        dunsterj wrote:
        > I noticed a post in the archives (#1058) that posed this question
        > earlier, but there weren't any reponses. Being a year and a half
        > later, I'm posing the question again. Does anyone know why there is a
        > 72dpi limit on images processed in FOP?
        What do you mean "why"? That's well-known current FOP version limitation.

        Are there any plans to remove
        > that limit?
        Yes, FOP1.0 won't have such a limitation, but don't ask me when it'll be
        ready.

        Do any of you know some workarounds that will produce high
        > resolution images in the resulting PDF?
        Search in fop-user mail list archive, there were some discussion and tricks.

        --
        Oleg Tkachenko
        eXperanto team