ANN: FOP logo contest

  • Oleg Tkachenko
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2003
      Hello!

      New FOP is looming and it needs a new logo. FOP Team announces open logo
      contest and invites all members of the FOP community as well as any other
      interested parties to participate as contestants or by expressing your opinion
      through voting.

      The rules and details are at http://xml.apache.org/fop/logocontest.html.
      --
      Oleg Tkachenko
      eXperanto team
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2003
        In a message dated 02/02/2003 11:49:06 GMT Standard Time, olegt@...
        writes:

        > New FOP is looming and it needs a new logo. FOP Team announces open logo
        > contest and invites all members of the FOP community as well as any other
        > interested parties to participate as contestants or by expressing your
        > opinion
        > through voting.
        >
        > The rules and details are at http://xml.apache.org/fop/logocontest.html.

        Oleg,

        Two questions:

        1. Can you estimate a date when a version of FOP from the 1.0 track will be
        publicly available?
        2. Have you considered publicising the logo contest on the SVG-Developers
        mailing list (about 3,000 members) since the logo is to be in SVG?

        Andrew Watt

      • Oleg Tkachenko
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 3, 2003
          AndrewWatt2001@... wrote:

          > Two questions:
          >
          > 1. Can you estimate a date when a version of FOP from the 1.0 track will be
          > publicly available?
          No I cannot, sorry. There were some rough estimations couple of months
          ago that it's about 60% or 70% ready though. It's too hard to predict
          any progress of open source project with no dedicated developers :(

          > 2. Have you considered publicising the logo contest on the SVG-Developers
          > mailing list (about 3,000 members) since the logo is to be in SVG?
          Thanks, that's definitely a good idea.

          --
          Oleg Tkachenko
          Multiconn Technologies, Israel