setting up fop correctly

  • stclaus_imi <cunsan@lycos.com>
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 28, 2003
      hi,

      i have downloaded and installed Apache FOP. I have played with it for
      sometime.

      but, my problem is that i have to go to the directory where my fop is
      to use fop. how to enable fop be run from other directories?

      btw, is it possible to use fop programmatically using java or even
      other languages?

      thx
    • Oleg Tkachenko
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 29, 2003
        stclaus_imi wrote:

        > i have downloaded and installed Apache FOP. I have played with it for
        > sometime.
        >
        > but, my problem is that i have to go to the directory where my fop is
        > to use fop. how to enable fop be run from other directories?
        Have you looked at fop.bat? FOP is regular java standalone application and can
        be run from any directory provide you've got all required jars in the classpath.

        > btw, is it possible to use fop programmatically using java or even
        > other languages?
        See "Embedding FOP" at http://xml.apache.org/fop/embedding.html how to embed
        FOP into your application.

        --