WebSphere v5 and XEP rendering

  • mailbingwu <yibingwu@trendwest.com>
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 28, 2003
      I have written a test program that converted a FO file to PDF using
      XEP from RenderX. When I compiled the code (as an app.) and rann it
      with JVM/JRE directly from SUN on my Windows 2K platform, the result
      was all right.

      However, once I integrated the sample into a WebSphere container and
      made a request through a Servlet, the PDF generated (both locally on
      file system or returned as a stream) was readable but malformatted in
      the end. I then tried to compile and ran the code, as a standalone
      app (instead of being inside an WS App Server container), using IBM's
      JRE and libraries, again, the result was readable but with the same
      distortions in the end.

      Since all it matters in the latter test was the JRE and its runtime
      libraries. Anyone has any insight into this problem?

      Thanks,

      Bing