Re: [XSL-FO] XEP 3.1

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 28, 2003
      Hi Kevin,

      see comments below

      >From: "klobwork <kevin.obrien@...>" >
      >Can anyone who is using XEP 3.1 from a Java server program give me
      >evaluation information about it? Is it reliable and sturdy (does it
      >crash a lot, e.g.)? Is it fast, per transformation? Can it handle
      >large XML files (perhaps by using a SAX parser)? Can it handle
      >errors in an usable manner? Does it support a lot of the XSL:FO
      >basic functionality? How about the more unusual functionality?

      Yes, it is reliable, and has not crashed for us. It is a lot slower than
      FOP, about 3 times longer per page in fact. However, it can do a lot more,
      support for keeps being the biggest advantage. Error handling is good, you
      can trap warnings/errors as events through the java API. It supports about
      90% of XSL-FO functionality. FOP is probably about 60-65%

      >I would especially like to hear from people not directly associated
      >with the company (unless directing me to the the location of
      >independent evaluations).
      >
      >It appears that the Java API is not exposed unless you buy the
      >developers edition (or better).

      I believe thats right.

      >Thannks

      Surf together with new Shared Browsing