Re: [xsl] Comment about XSLT Complier?

  • Carmelo Montanez
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 15, 2001
      Hi all:

      Does anyone knows how to get the aboslute value of an element
      within a tree? and by that I mean the order on which it is listed
      within that tree. Look at the tree below

      <child1>
      </child1>
      <child2>
      <child2-1>
      <child2-1-1>
      <child2-1-1-1>
      </child2-1-1-1>
      </child2-1-1>
      </child2-1>
      </child2>
      <child3>
      <child3-1>
      </child3-1>
      </child3>
      <child4>
      </child4>
      </parent>

      To be more clear I am looking for this type of information

      "child1" - is number 1
      "child2" - is number 2
      "child2-1" - is number 3
      "child2-1-1" is number 4
      "child2-1-1-1" is number 5
      "child3" is number 6
      "child3-1" is number 7
      "child4" is number 8
      and so on ....

      in other words its "absolute position" as you read from to to bottom and
      I want to know that information when THAT node is the context node
      in other words if "child6" is the current node I want to know that
      it is really number 6 as I read. Any ideas?