XSL-FO to Word

  • ramamuralidhar <ramamuralidhar@hotmail.c
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 9, 2003
      Can anyone tell me how you can convert XSL-FO to Microsoft Word. We
      are currently doing FO to PDF(with FOP) and word to XSL-FO(with
      RTF2FO).

      Thanks,
      RM
    • shahzad badar
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 9, 2003
        where ever i know you could use Apache POI api for
        this purpose.
        see http://jakarta.apache.org/poi/index.html

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com
      • shura@novosoft.ru
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 9, 2003
          Hello RM!

          Some of our clients use jFOR (http://www.jfor.org/) for this purpose.
          I do not know how complicated your FO files but I think you can try.

          Alex.

          01/10/2003 00:29:16 "ramamuralidhar <ramamuralidhar@... wrote:
          >Can anyone tell me how you can convert XSL-FO to Microsoft Word. We
          >are currently doing FO to PDF(with FOP) and word to XSL-FO(with
          >RTF2FO).
          >
          >Thanks,
          >RM

          Alexander A. Pakhutin
          RTF2FO product manager
          Novosoft Inc, Custom software development and web design since 1992

          mailto: shura@...
          Internet pager: 79029863925@...
          Phone: Novosoft toll-free 1-866-849-0354 (For USA and US territories only)
          Phone: +7 (3832) 30-34-69
          Fax: +7 (3832) 34-20-35
          E-fax number: for US +1 707 922 0104; for UK +44 870 134 5154

          ICQ: 75104109; AOL: saahp; MSN: AlexP;

          For more visit http://www.novosoft-usa.com

        • Jean-Yves Belmonte
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 10, 2003
            "ramamuralidhar " wrote:

            > Can anyone tell me how you can convert XSL-FO to Microsoft Word.

            You might want to give a try to XMLmind FO Converter
            (http://www.xmlmind.com/foconverter).
            XMLmind FO Converter is an XSL-FO to RTF converter. It takes an XSL-FO
            source file as input and converts it to RTF.

            Hope this helps,

            --
            Jean-Yves Belmonte <john@...> - Pixware <http://www.pixware.fr>
            Le Capricorne - 23 rue Colbert - 78180 Montigny-le-Bretonneux - France
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 16, 2003
              Hi Alex

              Can we embed jfor lib in a java application so as to transform XML doc yo RTF using XSL-FO?
              (I used Jfor as a standalone app.)

              Thanks
              Madhavan

              I do not know how complicated your FO files but I think you can try.

              Alex.

              01/10/2003 00:29:16 "ramamuralidhar <ramamuralidhar@... wrote:
              >Can anyone tell me how you can convert XSL-FO to Microsoft Word. We
              >are currently doing FO to PDF(with FOP) and word to XSL-FO(with
              >RTF2FO).
              >
              >Thanks,
              >RM

              Alexander A. Pakhutin
              RTF2FO product manager
              Novosoft Inc, Custom software development and web design since 1992

              mailto: shura@...
              Internet pager: 79029863925@...
              Phone: Novosoft toll-free 1-866-849-0354 (For USA and US territories only)
              Phone: +7 (3832) 30-34-69
              Fax: +7 (3832) 34-20-35
              E-fax number: for US +1 707 922 0104; for UK +44 870 134 5154

              ICQ: 75104109; AOL: saahp; MSN: AlexP;

              For more visit http://www.novosoft-usa.com

            • Jim
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 4 2:35 PM
                Have you tried converting your document to HTML. Word 97 and greater
                can read HTML. You can see how Word implements non-HTML tags for
                page breaks and such by saving your Word document as HTML.

                - I use a process to convert XML to XSL-FO to PDF
                - a different style sheet converts XML to HTML (Standard)
                - a third style sheet converts XML to HTML (Microsoft Word compatable
                version).

                Wouldn't you think using HTML would be easier and cheaper to do than
                RTF? At least HTML is human readable. Of course the problem is
                harder if you would need to write an XSL-FO to HTML style sheet.

                -Jim

                --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, "ramamuralidhar <ramamuralidhar@h...>"