Re: [XSL-FO] Re: End of Document

  • W. Eliot Kimber
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 9, 2003
      hortomb wrote:

      > I'm pulling invoice data from an xml document and creating a text
      > file with it. Everything is working great except the end of the
      > document has extra white space. Here's an example of my output:
      >
      > TD ELC69ICOMPUTA005STER041202 76.02
      > 13.30041202041202 4148800 89.32
      > TN ELC69RKHP212170 76.02HP Deskjet 3820 colour printer
      > TV ELC69S 76.02 13.30
      > TD ELC80IROCOM005 STER091202 18.32
      > 4.34091202091202 3306340 22.66
      > TN ELC80RWJE415110 18.32BT Converse 125 handset -
      > Alpine White
      > TV ELC80S 18.32 4.34
      >
      > I'd like the last TV line to be the end of the document (page), but
      > it adds a few lines to the end, which I guess it is finishing off the
      > page. My problem is, that the document will always be a different
      > length with different data. I'm not sure how to do this, or if it is
      > even possible. Let me know if that clears it up.

      Do you want the text on the last page to be forced to the end of the
      page or do you want the text "vertically justified" so that the spacing
      between the lines is such that the text fills the entire page?

      If the latter, then there's no way to do it in XSL 1.0--it doesn't
      provide a vertical justification mechanism that would do this--you would
      have to know where the break to the last page is and then adjust the
      leading until it filled the page--this is a form of "layout-aware"
      formatting that XSL 1.0 explicitly doesn't step up to.

      If the former, I think you can do it by have a last-page page master and
      setting the display-align property to "after" for the region-body (but
      I'd have to do an experiment to verify this--it's not something I've tried).

      Cheers,

      Eliot
      --
      W. Eliot Kimber, eliot@...