aligning tables

  • coracle@totalise.co.uk
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 7, 2001
      Hello,
      I have created a table in my pdf document, however it is left-
      aligned by default, I would like it to be centred, can someone tell
      me how to do this ?

      Regards,

      Stuart.
    • AndrewWatt2001@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 7, 2001
        coracle@... writes:

          I have created a table in my pdf document, however it is left-
        aligned by default, I would like it to be centred, can someone tell
        me how to do this ?

        Stuart,

        I haven't tried this in PDF but in XSL-FO if you enclose a table in
        <fo:block text-align="center">
        <!-- <fo:table> goes here -->
        </fo:block>

        then the table is centered.

        The text-align attribute/property is intended in XSL-FO for more than
        centering text, despite its name. See, for example, 6.6.1.1.2 in the
        Candidate Recommendation.

        I hope that helps.

        Andrew Watt