Comparing nodes!

  • astragh <george.simpson@totalise.co.uk>
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 8, 2003
      Hi to all,

      FOP version FOP 0.20.3

      Problem:-

      I want to check the node values for equality, and if they equal then
      no output to the PDF viewer.
      Here is an example of my xml file:-
      <xml>
      <teams>
      <team-a>
      <leader>John</leader>
      <member-1>Paul</member-1>
      <member-2>Dave</member-2>
      </team-a>
      <team-b>
      <leader>George</leader>
      <member-1>Colin</member-1>
      <member-2>Brian</member-2>
      </team-b>
      <team-c>
      <leader>John</leader>
      <member-1>Pete</member-1>
      <member-2>Doug</member-2>
      </team-c>
      </teams>
      </xml>

      The above example shows that 'John' is the team leader on both team a
      & c, so my view of this would look like the following:-

      John has the following people working for him Paul, Dave, Pete & Doug.
      George has the following people working for him Colin & Brian.
      My comparison would obviously have to check the leader of each team,
      John could have many more teams working for him and the same rule
      goes for George.

      I hope i have given enough detail to my problem and would like to
      thank everyone involved in the XSL-FO NG.

      All help is greatfully appreciated, many thanks and kind regards,

      George
    • Oleg Tkachenko
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 8, 2003
        astragh wrote:

        > FOP version FOP 0.20.3
        btw, latest one is 0.20.5rc.

        > The above example shows that 'John' is the team leader on both team a
        > & c, so my view of this would look like the following:-
        >
        > John has the following people working for him Paul, Dave, Pete & Doug.
        > George has the following people working for him Colin & Brian.
        > My comparison would obviously have to check the leader of each team,
        > John could have many more teams working for him and the same rule
        > goes for George.
        >
        > I hope i have given enough detail to my problem and would like to
        > thank everyone involved in the XSL-FO NG.
        Sorry, but your problem has nothing to do with XSL-FO, it's pure xslt grouping
        problem. Ask on xsl-list[1] instead.

        [1] http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list
        --
        Oleg Tkachenko