Re: [XSL-FO] converting msword document to xs-fo

  • Kiki
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 8, 2003
      I tried Abiword on a .doc file:
      - I had to modify some part of the resluting .fo
      file in order to make it compliant to FOP,
      I changed <fo:page-sequence master-name="..."> to
      <fo:page-sequence master-reference="...">
      I changed "Times New Romans" to "Times Roman"
      Then it worked, but I agree with Ronald, it has to be
      used only for simple documents!

      -
      --- Ronald Muller <rk.muller@...> a écrit : >
      Not usefull, only for *VERY* simple documents.

      > Ronald

    • Giannetti, Fabio
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 8, 2003
        Hi,
        you can have a look to WH2FO.
        It converts an HTML file generated with Word 2000 into XML and XSL-T,
        applying the XSL-T to the XML content you can obtain the FO file.
        I don't know how complex are your documents, but I believe it worth have a
        go !
        http://wh2fo.sourceforge.net
        Fabio

      • Ronald Muller
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 8, 2003
          Not an "one click" solutions, but it works (in my case) fine, also for complicated documents. One of the best solutions I am aware of at this moment.
          At this moment I am looking for another solutions: we are migrating from Word to OpenOffice (have a look at OpenOffice!), converting from Word to OpenOffice is simple. OpenOffice is using XML files for storing the documents. We are using this data to generate FO documents. But we are not far yet, so I cannot tell you if it works.

          Good luck

          Ronald