Re: [XSL-FO] converting msword document to xs-fo

  • Ronald Muller
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 8, 2003
      Not usefull, only for *VERY* simple documents.

      Ronald

      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 8, 2003
        I tried Abiword on a .doc file:
        - I had to modify some part of the resluting .fo
        file in order to make it compliant to FOP,
        I changed <fo:page-sequence master-name="..."> to
        <fo:page-sequence master-reference="...">
        I changed "Times New Romans" to "Times Roman"
        Then it worked, but I agree with Ronald, it has to be
        used only for simple documents!

        -

      • Giannetti, Fabio
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 8, 2003
          you can have a look to WH2FO.
          It converts an HTML file generated with Word 2000 into XML and XSL-T,
          applying the XSL-T to the XML content you can obtain the FO file.
          I don't know how complex are your documents, but I believe it worth have a
          go !
          http://wh2fo.sourceforge.net
          Fabio

        • Ronald Muller
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 8, 2003
            Not an "one click" solutions, but it works (in my case) fine, also for complicated documents. One of the best solutions I am aware of at this moment.
            At this moment I am looking for another solutions: we are migrating from Word to OpenOffice (have a look at OpenOffice!), converting from Word to OpenOffice is simple. OpenOffice is using XML files for storing the documents. We are using this data to generate FO documents. But we are not far yet, so I cannot tell you if it works.

            Good luck

            Ronald