Re: [XSL-FO] problem with new FOP fop-0.20.5rc

  • Oleg Tkachenko
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 18, 2002
      SUCHETA LELE wrote:

      > Does any one know why <xsl:output method="text/plain"/> give an error?
      > If I remove this line I get NullPointerException.

      Fist of all method attribute must be either "text" or "html" or "xml" or
      something your-xslt-processor-extension-output-method.
      But it sounds like you are trying to feed FOP by text? That's really mistake,
      FOP is *xsl-fo* formatter and the only input it understands is xsl-fo
      document. You just don't need FOP here, use any regular xslt processor.

      > Why is this so? And the same code works fine with the fop-0.20.4 version
      > libraries.
      Probably previous xalan version just ignored text/plain as wrong value, but
      new one raise an error.

      --
      Oleg Tkachenko
      eXperanto team