Re: [XSL-FO] Notes at the end of chapter

  • W. Eliot Kimber
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 9, 2002
      Kiki wrote:
      > I posted this on www-xsl-fo list.I do it again here in
      > case some have missed it.
      > I want all the notes in each chapter to be placed at
      > the end of the chapter and not at the bottom of the
      > page where it's referenced.
      > Can anybody help on that?
      > Thanks...

      In your template that processes the chapter element, simply put the
      processing to generate the footnotes at the end of the template. For the
      references, simply generate the callouts. E.g.:

      <xsl:template match="chapter">
      <fo:block>
      <xsl:apply-templates/>
      <xsl:apply-templates select="descendant::footnote"
      mode="end-notes"/>
      </fo:block>
      </xls:template>

      <xsl:template match="footnote">
      <fo:inline baseline-shift="super">
      <xsl:number count="footnote"/>
      </fo:lineline>
      </xsl:template>

      <xsl:template match="footnote" mode="end-notes">
      <fo:footnote>
      <fo:inline/>
      <fo:footnote-body>
      <fo:block>