Re: [XSL-FO] Re: conditional-page-master-reference

  • W. Eliot Kimber
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 3, 2002
      David Tolpin wrote:
      >>Eliot - Thanks for the response, but I don't think that will work
      >>(besides the XEP support issue). I need to also do separate
      >

      > There is no XEP support issue. XEP does support page-position="last".
      > Since 3.0.

      I stand happily corrected--for some reason I was under the impression
      that XEP does not support last, but clearly it does. Sorry (it's
      becoming harder and harder to keep track of which implementations do
      what, expecially when they are constantly being improved).

      Cheers,

      E.
      --
      W. Eliot Kimber, eliot@...
      Consultant, ISOGEN International

      1016 La Posada Dr., Suite 240
      Austin, TX 78752 Phone: 512.656.4139
    • gpearson_ccc <gpearson@creativecorp.com>
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 12, 2002
        --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, "W. Eliot Kimber" <eliot@i...> wrote:
        > gpearson_ccc wrote:
        >
        > > On the first page, the title of the procedure appears at the
        top. If
        > > the procedure spans multiple pages, each subsequent page has the
        > > title repeated except with "CONT'D" following the title.
        >
        > [...]
        >
        > > Since it appears on a page basis, this seems to require something
        in
        > > the way of static text in the page master layouts. Maybe I'm
        missing
        > > a more obvious solution.
        >
        > You should be able to do this with markers. If you can make each of
        > these things a distinct page sequence, then you can use this basic
        > technique:
        >
        > - Use different first and any page masters and name the region-
        before
        > differently in each.
        >
        > - In the flow, put out a marker with the title and the "CONT'D"
        string
        > at the start and then an empty marker of the same class at the end
        >
        > - In the static content for the any page region-before, reference
        this
        > marker with a last-within-page postion.
        >
        > This will have the effect of putting out the continued header on
        all but
        > the first and last pages, not at all on single- or two-page flows.

        Happy to say that after a great deal of effort I got this to work,
        based on the suggestion(s) provided here. The problem was actually
        more complicated that what I stated, but this suggestion got me
        started down the right path.

        Thanks Eliot and others.