EXSLFO Project Accepting Re-Usable FO Fragments

  • W. Eliot Kimber
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2002
      It has been suggested that the EXSLFO project (exslfo.sourceforge.net)
      would be an appropriate place to collect fragments of FO markup that can
      be re-used or used as templates for solving common problems. This would
      be an adjunct to the general how-to information already managed in the
      XSL FAQ maintained by Dave Pawson.

      At the moment I don't have any infrastructure to automate submissions,
      so in the short term you can just send me stuff and I'll put it on the
      Web site. I've gotten permission to re-use the EXSLT infrastructure for
      submissions but I haven't yet had time to do anything with it (and
      probably won't until after XML 2002). Of course if anyone would like to
      volunteer to take on this task, I would be tremendously grateful....

      Examples of FO fragments that might be useful include:

      - Common page master declarations
      - Common static content patterns
      - Markup for tables of contents, indexes, etc.
      - Markup for lists
      - Utility constructs
      - Clever uses of FO functions

      Cheers,