Re: Double bytes characters and FOP

  • friefrench
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 3, 2002
      Actually, it is more complicated that just changing the font as I get
      an error when I run fop with japanese characters in my XML file.
      However, I found a japanese version of FOP that I plan to test
      tonight.
      For those of you interested, it is at:
      http://sourceforge.net/projects/jpfop
      Thanks for the help though, Oleg.
      Pascal.

      --- In XSL-FO@y..., Oleg Tkachenko <olegt@m...> wrote:
      > friefrench wrote:
      > > I am trying to get Japanese characters from an XML file into a
      pdf
      > > using FOP but so far I am unsuccessful.
      > > Did somebody succeed in doing that?
      > > I have a japanese wintel computer I can use for testing.
      > > what do I need to install? how can I make it work?
      > You have to install japanese font (see howto[1]) and then don't
      forget to use
      > it in your stylesheet (e.g. font-family="myJapaneseFont").
      >
      > [1] http://xml.apache.org/fop/fonts.html
      > --
      > Oleg Tkachenko
      > eXperanto team
      > Multiconn Technologies, Israel
    • Oleg Tkachenko
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 3, 2002
        friefrench wrote:
        > Actually, it is more complicated that just changing the font as I get
        > an error when I run fop with japanese characters in my XML file.
        What's an error are you talking about? Could you please elaborate it a little
        bit (probably fop-user mail list is a better place). I'm just asking as one of
        FOP committers.

        > However, I found a japanese version of FOP that I plan to test
        > tonight.
        > For those of you interested, it is at:
        > http://sourceforge.net/projects/jpfop
        I believe that's obsolete stuff.