Double bytes characters and FOP

  • friefrench
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 2002
      I am trying to get Japanese characters from an XML file into a pdf
      using FOP but so far I am unsuccessful.
      Did somebody succeed in doing that?
      I have a japanese wintel computer I can use for testing.
      what do I need to install? how can I make it work?
      Thank you for your help,
      Pascal Blanc.
    • Oleg Tkachenko
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 3, 2002
        friefrench wrote:
        > I am trying to get Japanese characters from an XML file into a pdf
        > using FOP but so far I am unsuccessful.
        > Did somebody succeed in doing that?
        > I have a japanese wintel computer I can use for testing.
        > what do I need to install? how can I make it work?
        You have to install japanese font (see howto[1]) and then don't forget to use
        it in your stylesheet (e.g. font-family="myJapaneseFont").

        [1] http://xml.apache.org/fop/fonts.html
        --
        Oleg Tkachenko
        eXperanto team
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 3, 2002
          Actually, it is more complicated that just changing the font as I get
          an error when I run fop with japanese characters in my XML file.
          However, I found a japanese version of FOP that I plan to test
          tonight.
          For those of you interested, it is at:
          http://sourceforge.net/projects/jpfop
          Thanks for the help though, Oleg.
          Pascal.

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 3, 2002
            friefrench wrote:
            > Actually, it is more complicated that just changing the font as I get
            > an error when I run fop with japanese characters in my XML file.
            What's an error are you talking about? Could you please elaborate it a little
            bit (probably fop-user mail list is a better place). I'm just asking as one of
            FOP committers.

            > However, I found a japanese version of FOP that I plan to test
            > tonight.
            > For those of you interested, it is at:
            > http://sourceforge.net/projects/jpfop
            I believe that's obsolete stuff.