Re: [XSL-FO] Spacing in PCL

  • rajashree nair
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 27, 2002
      Hi Colin,
      We had exactly the same problem while creating a text
      file.

      What we did was , we put some delimiters for the text
      from which spaces were to be removed (Please ensure
      that this does not result in wrapping) and then passed
      the text file through a java program which removed the
      extra spaces with single spaces.
      For example :
      {Sucheta Lele} {Saterisystems Pune)
      would be replaced by
      Sucheta Lele Saterisystems Pune
      in the final output file.

      Hope this helps. Because we could not find any other
      solution. As FOP states , text file output is not very
      precise.

      Do let us know if you can come up with a better
      solution.

      Best of Luck,
      Sucheta Lele
      Rajashree Nair