Re: [XSL-FO] document too big?

  • Oleg Tkachenko
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 25, 2002
      Bernhard Zwischenbrugger wrote:

      > Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
      >
      > problem with big fo files.
      >
      > I tried this on a 512MByte-RAM Linux box and the resulting pdf should
      > have about 20 Pages.
      >
      > I can't believe, that fop has problems with the size
      > of the document and I can't find an other error.
      FOP does have problems with big documents, but your one is 3Mb and generates
      36 pages so it should be considered probably as not too big. All you have to
      do is just to allow JVM to use more memory from your 512Mb (by default it's
      64Mb). Try to run FOP this way:

      java -Xmx128m ....

      --
      Oleg Tkachenko
      eXperanto team
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 25, 2002
        Thanx a lot, it is working now.
        I also tried to use XEP but fop is MUCH quicker with big documents on my
        system.

        The last line in my fop.sh is now:
        $JAVACMD -Xms64m -Xmx192m -classpath "$LOCALCLASSPATH" $FOP_OPTS
        org.apache.fop.apps.Fop

        For "realtime" pdf generating fop is still slow - has somebody
        tried passiveTex?

        Bernhard Zwischenbrugger
        http://datenkueche.com