Re: [XSL-FO] Padding between cells in a table

  • Nikolai Grigoriev
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2001
      Hakan,

      > I would like to create a table in XSL-FO that has empty space between
      > the cells. Like this example:
      >
      > Header1<--0.1in-->Header2<--0.1in-->Header3
      > Cell1 <--0.1in-->Cell2 <--0.1in-->Cell3
      >
      > How can this be accomplished? I have tried the border-collapse and
      > border-separate, and they work, but they also put space above and
      > under each cell, I only want it left and right.

      Border-separation is a composite property:

      .block-progression-direction specifies vertical separation between cells,
      .inline-progression-direction specifies horizontal separation between cells.

      So I'd suggest:

      <fo:table border-collapse="separate"
      border-separation.inline-progression-direction="0.1in">

      Alternatively, if your formatter supports shorthands, you can do it in CSS
      style:

      <fo:table border-collapse="separate"
      border-spacing="0.1in 0pt">

      Hope this helps.

      Regards,

      Nikolai Grigoriev
      RenderX
    • hakan.lindestaf@epani.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2001
        Excellent, works terrific! BTW, is there a way to set the padding to
        0 for a specific column? Also when I'm on it, the overflow (clipping)
        of text that are wider than a table column doesn't work for me. Can
        that be because of my Formatter or is it something I'm missing? (I'm
        using Antenna).

        /Hakan