Disable debug output from FOP processor

  • dennis_joel_david
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 5, 2002
      Hi.
      I am using FOP 0.20.4 to generate PDF files from XSL FO documents.
      This works great.
      However, there is one thing which disturbs me every time.

      I am using custom attributes inside this XSL-FO document, to store
      some needed data.
      The FOP processor recognizes custom attributes as errors, and (at
      least by default) it pushes this error messages
      to the output window.
      The output looks like this:

      [INFO] FOP 0.20.4
      [INFO] building formatting object tree
      [ERROR] property 'sector' ignored
      [ERROR] property 'row' ignored
      [ERROR] property 'cell' ignored
      [INFO] Parsing of document complete, stopping renderer

      This errors wont stop the processor from continuing PDF creation, but
      as my XSL-FO file sometimes becomes very big(up to 20000 lines),
      this has to be a bottle neck for the processor, which has to create
      an error message for each of the custom attribute it finds.
      Then the debug output often becomes about 1000-3000 lines long with
      just the same message over and over again.

      I automate the PDF generation in silent mode, so actually FOP wont
      need to write the debug info to a visual window.
      But it still has to create these string messages.
      Is there some way to disable the generated debug output from being
      written out?
      Or to make the processor accept custom attributes?

      Regards,
      Dennis
    • Oleg Tkachenko
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 6, 2002
        dennis_joel_david wrote:

        > I am using custom attributes inside this XSL-FO document, to store
        > some needed data.
        > The FOP processor recognizes custom attributes as errors, and (at
        > least by default) it pushes this error messages
        > to the output window.

        And if your attributes are not in non xsl namespace, that's error indeed, see
        http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/slice2.html#xsl-namespace

        > Is there some way to disable the generated debug output from being
        > written out?

        FOP uses avalon's logging, see example of setting logger at
        docs/examples/embedding/FopServlet.java. You can control level of log
        information from LEVEL_DEBUG to LEVEL_DISABLED.

        --
        Oleg Tkachenko
        eXperanto team