Re: [XSL-FO] Visible chapter index on the side of a book

  • W. Eliot Kimber
    Message 1 of 17 , Nov 3, 2002
      W. Eliot Kimber wrote:
      > This example gives identical results with XEP and XSL Formatter.

      Actually, not *quite* identical. There is an acknowledged bug in XEP
      3.03 that causes it to not extend the start and end regions to the
      before and after edges of the page when precedence on region-before or
      after is "false" (the default), so XEP renders the tab a bit farther
      after-wards on the page than XSL Formatter does. But that's a very minor
      difference and something should be fixed in the next update of XEP.

      Cheers,

      Eliot
      --
      W. Eliot Kimber, eliot@...
      Consultant, ISOGEN International

      1016 La Posada Dr., Suite 240
      Austin, TX 78752 Phone: 512.656.4139
    • Rolf Hustad
      Message 2 of 17 , Nov 3, 2002
        At 07:42 03.11.02 -0600, you wrote:
        >W. Eliot Kimber wrote:
        > > W. Eliot Kimber wrote:
        > > This example gives identical results with XEP and XSL Formatter.
        >
        >Actually, not *quite* identical. There is an acknowledged bug in XEP
        >3.03 that causes it to not extend the start and end regions to the
        >before and after edges of the page when precedence on region-before or
        >after is "false" (the default), so XEP renders the tab a bit farther
        >after-wards on the page than XSL Formatter does. But that's a very minor
        >difference and something should be fixed in the next update of XEP.
        >
        >Cheers,
        >
        >Eliot

        Thank you Eliot for your help so far, it will take me some time to check it
        all out, I`ll get back to you as soon as I`m done.
        Have a great day!

        Rolf.