Re: Problem with page pverflow

  • Rajashree
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2002
      hello;
      No; i cannot define the third page ; as the data from second page may
      or may not overflow to the third page.
      I have applied odd-or-even but that does not stop the overflow to
      page three.
      CAn i have another page sequence master to handle just that second
      page??where i can then specify odd-or-even page-masters??

      Thanks;
      Rajashree.

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2002
        At 2002-11-01 12:07 +0000, Rajashree wrote:
        >No; i cannot define the third page ; as the data from second page may
        >or may not overflow to the third page.

        I'm sorry you misunderstood my suggestion.

        Given that you can distinguish the content of your third page from the
        content of your second page, that implies to me you may be able to put the
        content of the third page into a distinct page sequence from the second page.

        >CAn i have another page sequence master to handle just that second
        >page??

        As I said, yes you can be creating another page sequence for just the
        second page.

        >where i can then specify odd-or-even page-masters??

        In the page sequence master you reference for the page sequence of the
        second page.

        Could we use some different terminology because you are conflating the word
        "page" when you talk about the second page overflowing to a different page
        than the third page?

        Using the terminology based on the Recommendation, let's talk about the
        second sequence of blocks overflowing from the second page to the next
        page. My suggestion was for you to put the third sequence of blocks in a
        separate <page-sequence> so that the formatter can determine if it goes on
        the third page or the fourth page depending on the length of the second
        sequence.

        Does that help?