Problem with page pverflow

  • SUCHETA LELE
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 27, 2002
      I have three page masters - one for the first page , one for the secong
      page and one for all others.
      The problem is the second page may/may not overflow to the third page.
      The second page has a footer. In case of overflow, the footer should not be
      displayed on the third page. How do I manage this? Please help ASAP.
      Code:
      <fo:page-sequence-master master-name="my-sequence" >
      <fo:conditional-page-master-reference master-reference="first-page"/>
      <fo:conditional-page-master-reference odd-or-even="even"
      master-reference="second-page"/>
      <fo:conditional-page-master-reference master-reference="all-pages"/>
      </fo:page-sequence-master>

      Thanks
      Sucheta

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 28, 2002
        At 2002-10-28 10:12 +0530, you wrote:
        >I have three page masters - one for the first page , one for the secong
        >page and one for all others.
        >The problem is the second page may/may not overflow to the third page.
        >The second page has a footer. In case of overflow, the footer should not be
        >displayed on the third page. How do I manage this?

        Can you begin the third page in a new page sequence? You could then use a
        sequence of page references for your first two pages that has the "no
        footer" geometry for overflow from the second page.

        Your third page content starting in a new page sequence would use your
        "all-pages" geometry from after the flow of the second page content.

        I hope this helps.

        .............. Ken

        ISBN 0-13-065196-6 Definitive XSLT and XPath
        ISBN 0-13-140374-5 Definitive XSL-FO
        Next public training: 2002-12-08,2003-02-03,06,03-03,06
      • Rajashree
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 1, 2002
          hello;
          No; i cannot define the third page ; as the data from second page may
          or may not overflow to the third page.
          I have applied odd-or-even but that does not stop the overflow to
          page three.
          CAn i have another page sequence master to handle just that second
          page??where i can then specify odd-or-even page-masters??

          Thanks;
          Rajashree.

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 1, 2002
            At 2002-11-01 12:07 +0000, Rajashree wrote:
            >No; i cannot define the third page ; as the data from second page may
            >or may not overflow to the third page.

            I'm sorry you misunderstood my suggestion.

            Given that you can distinguish the content of your third page from the
            content of your second page, that implies to me you may be able to put the
            content of the third page into a distinct page sequence from the second page.

            >CAn i have another page sequence master to handle just that second
            >page??

            As I said, yes you can be creating another page sequence for just the
            second page.

            >where i can then specify odd-or-even page-masters??

            In the page sequence master you reference for the page sequence of the
            second page.

            Could we use some different terminology because you are conflating the word
            "page" when you talk about the second page overflowing to a different page
            than the third page?

            Using the terminology based on the Recommendation, let's talk about the
            second sequence of blocks overflowing from the second page to the next
            page. My suggestion was for you to put the third sequence of blocks in a
            separate <page-sequence> so that the formatter can determine if it goes on
            the third page or the fourth page depending on the length of the second
            sequence.

            Does that help?