Side by side block

  • Deb Dutta
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 10, 2002
      I want to display few lines of text side by side.
      Is there way to place fo:block side by side without using a table?
      Or is there a way to completely hide the table border in an RTF
      document. I am using JFOR to process my fo document.

      For example following is my data.

      <left-bock>
      Name: Jeff
      Phone: 650-348-8897
      City: Foster City
      </left-block>
      <right-bock>
      My Big Company in big font size
      </right-block>

      Thanks in advance.
    • Douglas Lovell
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 11, 2002
        You can use the list formatting objects. The list-item-label and
        list-item-body each contain one or more blocks. Your formatter should
        overlap them unless you set the start and end indents such that they appear
        side by side. Start a new list-item to synchronize the text in the
        parallel blocks.

        Douglas Lovell

        "Deb Dutta "
        <contactdd@yahoo. To: XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com